Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between Dropbox and Trello not properly functioning

Explorer | Level 4

Hello everybody. I have this problem:

* need to work on a dropbox paper doc shared on Trello.

From Trello account (after dropbox power-up enabling) you can't choose a ".paper" file --> 8-(

From Dropbox account you can share on Trello a ".paper" file --> .... but then from Trello account it happens:

1) sometimes the preview is active, sometimes no, sometimes is outdated. This is nasty but still not problematic.

2) The real problem is that you can't download it or open directly in a browser window or with dropbox desktop application, because dowloading is interrupted. Even the button is non correctly showed because it should suggest two actions instead of just one. Tested with Firefox, Firefox ESR, Edge, Chrome and Brave browser. IT works in the beginning, than when you register in dropbox and tell browser to store login information it stops working.

3) it only works copying the doc link and than manually pasting the link in the address bar of the browser.

I have asked Trello support to test this behaviour and they told me to contact dropbox support.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Da: Trello Support [support@trello.com]
Inviato: martedì 11 febbraio 2020 20:56
A: Massimo
Oggetto: Re: There is a bug opening a dropbox's paper document

Hi Massimo,

Thanks for writing to us!
Indeed there seems to be something wrong with that attachment. The Dropbox Power-Up, and even the page you are seeing, they are out of our control as Trello support since they are developed and maintained by Dropbox.

I would recommend you to contact Dropbox for help with this issue.
Sorry I couldn't fix it for you, but let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

All the best,

The Trello Team
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Integration between Dropbox and Trello not properly functioning

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Acez, thanks for reaching out and awesome work on the troubleshooting!

I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you, but we'll need to continue via email, in which case, I can send you a ticket.

Let me know if this is alright with you and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Acez, thanks for reaching out and awesome work on the troubleshooting!

I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you, but we'll need to continue via email, in which case, I can send you a ticket.

Let me know if this is alright with you and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

OK.

Can you see my email through the profile?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I just sent you an email to the email address associated with your Community profile. 

When you have a minute, check your inbox and we'll go from there. Thanks, @Acez!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?