cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Desktop Icons After Synchronization

Invalid Desktop Icons After Synchronization

ulrik23
New member | Level 2

Synchronized today the entire content of my pc with Dropbox. Appeared to be succesful, except that 3 of the desktop icons were made invalid. How do I make them functional again ?

3 Replies 3

Re: Invalid Desktop Icons After Synchronization

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @ulrik23, thanks for checking in with us. 

Could you send me a screenshot (without any personal information included) of the icons, so as to have a better visual of this?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Vincenzo1210
Helpful | Level 6

you can try right clicking them then clicking show file location. otherwise you can go into the C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files and find the program .exe you're missing and right click it and choosing send to desktop or create shortcut

ulrik23
New member | Level 2

Thank you, your suggestion works nicely with some of the icons. Others apear to be lost completely

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?