Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ios App work on offline files (excel, word, PowerPoint, pdf)

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have a Dropbox Business account. I can make certain folders accessible offline on my IPad.

However, once offline, I cannot work on them using the respective Excel, PowerPoint etc.. app.

I have to « copy » it onto the app and then save on my iPad. The result means that i have 2 different files and I have to manually upload the new one to Dropbox once i am online.

Can the Dropbox app work more like the files app. I.e. once a file is offline, you can open it in other app to edit (without having to export it as a new version), once closed, it will save directly as the same updated files in iCloud Drive and upload once connected to the internet.

Kind regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Ios App work on offline files (excel, word, PowerPoint, pdf)

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there John - thanks for your feedback about our mobile application and editing files while using it.

We are always looking for user input when creating the next version of our mobile app so I 'll make sure your comments are passed along to our development team.

If there's anything else I can do to help in the meantime, please let me know!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Ios App work on offline files (excel, word, PowerPoint, pdf)

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there John - thanks for your feedback about our mobile application and editing files while using it.

We are always looking for user input when creating the next version of our mobile app so I 'll make sure your comments are passed along to our development team.

If there's anything else I can do to help in the meantime, please let me know!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?