cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipad does not show files.

Ipad does not show files.

Don H.26
New member | Level 1

I have been using Dropbox on my Win 7 desktop and Android Nexus 7 for about a year with good success. I just started my wife's retired (Factory resetL I used the Apple Dropbox app and set it up, I can get Dropbox but the files are not there like they are on the desktop and Nexus. I deleted it and reinstalled it but no files show up, only the how to get started.
I am over 80, so I have to admit I have a learning problem.
What did I do wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ipad does not show files.

garrettbjj
New member | Level 2

I had the same problem and I found a SOLUTION

There are 2 options to log in with : 

- sign in with Google

----- or ------

Email + Password

Make sure that you are signing in with the same method on both devices (Ipad and Computer)

I had to sign out on my ipad and than sign in with Email + Password - and than it was all fine.

Best wishes 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ed M.22
New member | Level 2

Are you not seeing the names of your files? On iPads, Dropbox doesn't download the files but should show you the names so they can be downloaded as needed.

Don H.26
New member | Level 1

I don't see anything except the getting started file which I can open so I know I can communicate with it. I have a folder on Dropbox which has about 12 files in it but I don't see that folder as I do on the desktop and N7.

Don H.26
New member | Level 1

I just checked the Accounts page and it shows the iPad and that it connected with Dropbox today.

David V.2
New member | Level 1

I have an iMac and an Apple iPad Pro. I went into drop box on my iMac and created a folder called Videos.

I put the videos in the folder and also reinstalled drop box. 

I do not see the folder "Videos" or the files it should contain mirroring my iMac.

I have enough space with Dropbox Pro and 1TB and only several GB's of data taken up.

Dave

Jennifer G.13
New member | Level 1

Today I uploaded 2 PDF files onto my dropbox account.  They synced to my ipad and showed up on my dropbox account.  I then went into the same 2 PDF files on my windows computer and re-edited them with the capability of being able to edit and type.  Afterwards, I uploaded these same 2 PDF files -- edited to allow typing.  I see them uploaded on the dropbox account, but are not able to sync them to my ipad pro.  Now, when I go into my dropbox account on my ipad pro, I get a sync failed error message.  It seems now that I'm no longer able to sync anything to my ipad pro, even though I can upload to my dropbox account.  Any ideas from anyone is greatly appreciated.

garrettbjj
New member | Level 2

I had the same problem and I found a SOLUTION

There are 2 options to log in with : 

- sign in with Google

----- or ------

Email + Password

Make sure that you are signing in with the same method on both devices (Ipad and Computer)

I had to sign out on my ipad and than sign in with Email + Password - and than it was all fine.

Best wishes 

Ed
Dropboxer
Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Thank you!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/forums/postpage/category-id/101001000]

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jennifer G.13 New member | Level 1
    David V.2 New member | Level 1
    Don H.26 New member | Level 1
    Ed M.22 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?