cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipassword app issues

tontschygerig
Explorer | Level 4
This is probably a dumb question from a non technical user.
I have an ipassword app allegedly synched to my drop box.
It regularly informs me that it's syncing.
When I open ipassword under Dropbox all folders are listed under ipassword.opvault.
When I open these files don't contain legible data.
I am backing up to Dropbox because I don't want to lose the hundred plus passwords + secure data I have in there.
What do I need to do to fix this?
4 Replies 4

Re: Ipassword app issues

Mark
Super User II

opvalut files are part of 1Password.

It is them you need to go to for help (they are very good!): https://support.1password.com/opvault-design/ 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

@tontschygerig wrote:
When I open ipassword under Dropbox all folders are listed under ipassword.opvault.
When I open these files don't contain legible data.

Further to what @Mark said, keep in mind that if you're just trying to open those files by browsing to them in the folder and opening them, you won't be able to. You need to use the 1Password apps. You can't access the files directly without using 1Password.

tontschygerig
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks.  I am talking to them and they are indeed very helpful.  🙂

tontschygerig
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks.  That was very helpful to know.  If I access these files in an app I get non-legible data (Its English but doesn't make sense) but in the desktop version I now get a 'script run time error'. 

Am investigating syncing my independent vault to ipassword server instead.  Slightly unfortunate as this is a paid for service whereas the dropbox/ipassword combo I had was free.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tontschygerig Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?