cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my version of the Dropbox desktop application compatible with Windows 10?

Is my version of the Dropbox desktop application compatible with Windows 10?

rickety
Helpful | Level 6

How do I find out if my version is compatible with Windows 10?

'Windows 8 compatibility mode' comes up when I delve.

The upshot is my camera photos download to dropbox on my mobile (cell)  but erratically to my Laptop (which is the designated PC for Dtropbox downloads)

5 Replies 5

Re: Is my version of the Dropbox desktop application compatible with Windows 10?

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @rickety, thanks for posting on the Community!

It sounds like you might have enabled compatibility mode for the Dropbox desktop application.

Try disabling that Windows feature and run the app, since it should work normally under Windows 10. Those steps can be found on this post in the Microsoft forums, which should help. 

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Is my version of the Dropbox desktop application compatible with Windows 10?

rickety
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for the response. I right click ike crazy, it brings up a box of options but Properties is not shown,

I uninstalled and re-installed and it came with a different version number but I can't find it now.

How hard is it to find the version?

I did try the W10 compatibilty troubleshooter but that didn't help 

My desktop (also W10) works perfectly .

Not sure if this helps

Jay
Dropboxer

Are you right clicking the Dropbox icon in the system tray, or the app location itself?

You need to locate where the Dropbox desktop application was installed, which is usually C:\Program Files(x86)\Dropbox\Client, and then you can right click that icon to get the Properties option.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rickety
Helpful | Level 6

Yes, done that but version not shown in Properties.

I click the taskbar option in system tray, get no reaction from desktop icon and not sure why it is placed there.

Jay
Dropboxer

There isn't much else I can suggest, since this is a Microsoft prompt, and not related to Dropbox.

You can try contacting them for further support to locate the appropriate options for compatilibity mode to see if the app is defaulting to that option.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?