cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a new desktop app version for Catalina? My Mac hasn't updated and I can't access my files.

Is there a new desktop app version for Catalina? My Mac hasn't updated and I can't access my files.

Andy-Hove
Explorer | Level 4

Does anyone know if there is an updated version of dropbox for the New Catalina operating system? Some reason my Mac hasn’t updated and I can’t access the files except through the web portal.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a new desktop app version for Catalina? My Mac hasn't updated and I can't access my fil

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that reinstalling did the trick @Andy-Hove!

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me here and share this too, I'm sure that this will be helpful for anyone else who might have the same issue. :grin:

If there's anything else that I can help with then please feel free to send me a post here, I'd be more than happy to help out.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Re: Mac OS Catalina

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @Andy-Hove, thanks for reaching out to us here!

If you're running the most recent version of the desktop app, then you shouldn't have any issues with syncing.

So I can have a better idea of the issue that you're having, please let me know the following:

• What version of the desktop app do you have installed?
  • What is the current sync status of the app?
  • Are you getting any errors in the sync status? If so, please send along a screenshot (excluding any personal info).

Let me know and we'll go from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Is there a new desktop app version for Catalina? My Mac hasn't updated and I can't access my fil

Andy-Hove
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphnie, 

Thank for your reply, I had to re-install the desktop app as I just kept getting the error message and this seems to have resolved the problem - Thanks for your help!

Daphne
Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that reinstalling did the trick @Andy-Hove!

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me here and share this too, I'm sure that this will be helpful for anyone else who might have the same issue. :grin:

If there's anything else that I can help with then please feel free to send me a post here, I'd be more than happy to help out.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Andy-Hove
Explorer | Level 4

Many thanks indeed!

Re: Is there a new desktop app version for Catalina?

eprins
New member | Level 2

I am unable to install the desktop app without getting an error that says permissions error. I have tried disabling anti virus, reinstaling with different versions nothing works.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

eprins New member | Level 2
    Andy-Hove Explorer | Level 4
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?