cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with iPad after deconnecting the iPhone with Dropbox: it is marked "still 3 devices in use".

Issue with iPad after deconnecting the iPhone with Dropbox: it is marked "still 3 devices in use".

Josenelli62
Helpful | Level 5

Hi everyone!

3 months ago I encountered an issue of limitation of devices. I just have a computer, an iPhone and a new iPad.

Thing is that on iPad it is much efficient to work on the files.

But I had to stop my DB on iPhone (I mean "delete it") to access my DB account on my iPad.

Since then, I always have the request from DB Admin to upgrade my account on my iPad, while I have just 1 device (the computer) which is connected. And today my DB on the iPad is blank and no more parameters to set any configuration.

What can I do to be able to use the Dropbox with my iPad?

Thank you very much for your help.

Stay safe and happy!

Claudine

4 Replies 4

Re: Issue with iPad after deconnecting the iPhone with Dropbox: it is marked "still 3 devices in ...

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Josenelli62, thanks for messaging the Community!

Could you check how many devices you have connected on your account via this page?

If there's any other devices aside from the machines you're using, then you can remove them to free up a space for another device.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Issue with iPad after deconnecting the iPhone with Dropbox: it is marked "still 3 devices i

Josenelli62
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Jay! Thank you for your reply.

I only have Dropbox on my computer and I have download it on my Ipad, after having cancel it on the iPhone.

I would like to use the DB on the iPad from now.

i have checked with Siri if any Dropbox is still present on the iPhone, and Siri confirms: "I don't see any App named Dropbox on your iPhone" 😉

Thank you for following what's next.

Re: Issue with iPad after deconnecting the iPhone with Dropbox: it is marked "still 3 devices i

Josenelli62
Helpful | Level 5

Sorry Jay! I saw now where to find other devices! And indeed Dropobx was also on an old laptop with Windows, and the iPhone was still remaining there. I have dissociated these 2 devices, and now I just see my Mac and the iPad.

All seems working. Thank you very much for your help.

All the best,

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear it works now, @Josenelli62!

If you have any more queries, feel free to message us again. Enjoy the remainder of your week!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?