cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with "Auto-hide the taskbar" on Windows

Issue with "Auto-hide the taskbar" on Windows

Inho K.
New member | Level 1

Hello

I have this kinda annoying bug for quite a long time now...

I am on Windows 7, and I have enabled "Auto-hide the taskbar" option.

But when I receive a notification from Dropbox, such as when a file has been added, and I dismiss the notification pressing "X", the taskbar stays visible. This does not allow me to access the bottom part of every screen (like the download bar in Chrome).
Weird thing is that when this occurrence happens, the taskbar automatically hides again when I receive a second notification from Dropbox, and I dismiss it again.
This issue only happens when I dismiss the notification. When I do not dismiss it and let it disappear itself with time, the issue is not present.

I hope the Development team will have a look at this issue. It would really improve my user experience.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards.

5 Replies 5

Re: Issue with "Auto-hide the taskbar" on Windows

Ed
Dropboxer

Hey there!

Sorry for the late response - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Roger C.29
New member | Level 1

I am having a similar problem. Now running Windows 10, when drop box activity occurs (eg synching) taskbar auto hide stops working.

If I go to Settings, System, Notifications & actions, Select which icons appear on the taskbar

and then switch Dropbox on (my default) and off the auto hide leaps back into action.

MOST frustrating. Please help.

Jay R.5
New member | Level 1

This fixed the issue for me:

Dropbox Preferences > General > disable "Show Desktop Notifications"

Juan Jose R.1
Explorer | Level 3

I have also this problem. I have disabled "Show Desktop Notifications" but Dropbox keeps activating the task bar randomly. My only solution is to click on the Dropbox icon so that it opens a web page and thus the task bar hides. Otherwise it remains on top.

Garry G.2
New member | Level 1

Same issue when wanting to do a 'download' from a Dropbox link.
The Window's download option feature, at the bottom of the screen, to ether 'open' or 'save as' becomes hidden by the task bar.
The taskbar becomes stuck open and makes it impossible to complete the download options.
The 'autohide task bar' feature in Windows fails to work.
The temporary fix is to unlock the Task Bar and move it to the side of the screen before executing a download.
Dropbox and Microsoft need to communicate this issue together and it could be entirely a Window's issue.
Running Windows 10.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Garry G.2 New member | Level 1
    Juan Jose R.1 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay R.5 New member | Level 1
    Roger C.29 New member | Level 1
    Ed Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?