cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It would be awesome if I could preview my files on the Amazon fire stick TV

It would be awesome if I could preview my files on the Amazon fire stick TV

Explorer | Level 4

Hello!  Is there any movement on a Dropbox app for Amazon Fire TV Stick?  I have thousands of photos and videos stored on Dropbox and it would be absolutely awesome to be able to directly access them from an app on Fire Stick to watch on TV.  The solutions I have found online are all either too complicated to make it worthwhile or just don't work.  Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: It would be awesome if I could preview my files on the Amazon fire stick TV

Dropboxer

Hello @emk1020

Thanks for your interest and feedback! 

Currently the Dropbox folder cannot be moved to a TV to have your files previewing directly from it.

All I can think of, is you could export the files from your Dropbox to a USB drive. Smart TVs can read from USB drives and you will be able to preview some file types.

I hope you get more responses from our users to this discussion, with more workarounds. 

See you around in the Community.

Cheers! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Super Collaborator | Level 20

One possible solution is share link to a directory, containing all your photos and videos (if need - rearrange them), and get access everything using embedded Firefox browser. Isn't what you are looking for?!

Dropboxer

Hello @emk1020

Thanks for your interest and feedback! 

Currently the Dropbox folder cannot be moved to a TV to have your files previewing directly from it.

All I can think of, is you could export the files from your Dropbox to a USB drive. Smart TVs can read from USB drives and you will be able to preview some file types.

I hope you get more responses from our users to this discussion, with more workarounds. 

See you around in the Community.

Cheers! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?