cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep it simple, please! How can I simply open my files from my computer?

Keep it simple, please! How can I simply open my files from my computer?

Lars_K_C
New member | Level 2

In its newest incarnation, the Dropbox app has become overly complicated. E.g: instead of opening a file by just clicking it, you need to click, then select open, then select which app to open it with......
The original Dropbox did one thing, and did it well - simplicity was its strength and its beauty.
I understand that you feel the pressure from the likes of Google Drive and OneDrive to integrate and add still more functions. But if you must do that, please make it an option.
Some of us once made a choice in favour of Dropbox against the others because of its simplicity and straight forward interface, whic was basically just another folder.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Keep it simple, please!!

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @Lars_K_C

Welcome to the Dropbox Community!

At first, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this with us. Whether negative or positive, your feedback always helps us improve. 

In the meantime, you can indeed continue to use your Dropbox folder in Finder or File explorer. You can find more information about this and how to change your settings here:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/desktop-application-overview#finder

I hope this helps to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @Lars_K_C

Welcome to the Dropbox Community!

At first, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this with us. Whether negative or positive, your feedback always helps us improve. 

In the meantime, you can indeed continue to use your Dropbox folder in Finder or File explorer. You can find more information about this and how to change your settings here:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/desktop-application-overview#finder

I hope this helps to some extent!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Lars_K_C
New member | Level 2

Hello Lusil

Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for in the forum. But I got the impression from another thread, that this was not possible. I'm happy to find out I was wrong 🙂

Lars

Lusil
Dropboxer

Happy to help, @Lars_K_C:grin:

If there's anything else I can do to assist or you have any other questions, just give me a nudge. 

In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?