cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Latest Dropbox update is causing Windows 10 File Explorer to hang

Helpful | Level 5

Same problem here.

windows 10 pro + stable dropbox (beta installed before issue)

When I create or rename a folder then explorer doesnt refresh:

- I still can browse

- All icons are gray but I can open the apps

- All options are gray and I cant access or click the options

- If I reboot machine then issue is gone until I create or rename again

- If I restart explorer process from "task manager" then issue still here BUT If I close dropbox.exe and then restart explorer.exe the issue is gone

- If I disable dropbox.exe and I reboot computer then create/rename folders works fine

Already opened a support ticket, nothing helps.

Regards

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @jorge333, thanks for all the info and sorry to hear that you're having trouble with navigating through your Dropbox folder. 

Since you mention that you've contacted our Support team, I found your ticket and can see that the member of my team, who was troubleshooting this with you, replied via email.

In this case, could you reply back to the ticket that you have and let me know the ticket ID (eg #1234567) that gets created so that I can have a look into it for you?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

My wife is having the same problem as Lusil described above. Other than uninstalling and reinstalling apps - has the company come up with a real solution?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @JHR1, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

If this persists even after you've made sure that they're running the latest stable version of the desktop app and rebooted the device that's having this issue, could you check what the you see when you hover over the Dropbox icon that's next to the computer's clock?

Keep me posted!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Lusil 

I have already spend lot of time by email with your co-worker and didnt offer me any real solution of this problem.

The only answer I receive is he insinuating "was my fault". No real debug tests or whatever.... so I prefer continue on public forums so maybe other user will have similar problem and then we came to solution.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @jorge333, and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

I understand that this isn't an ideal situation and I will leave this thread open so that other users can share their experience with us. 

In the meantime, if you'd like me to have another look into this for you, please let me know and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Lusil

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
Hi @lusil Sure you can take a look, would be great!
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
The Dropbox icon in the system tray indicates that the files have been synched.

At this point, we have gotten no response from level 2 tech-support. We’re still waiting. I don’t get a sense that there is any sense of urgency with this problem whatsoever.
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

If anyone from DropBox is listening:

I have an older Windows 10 64 bit laptop that does NOT have the problem with File Explorer. The differences between the old laptop and the new one are 1) There is now Microsoft Office suite installed on the old one and 2) not all of the Windows updates have been installed on the old one.

Perhaps this will help you troubleshoot your DropBox issue.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @jorge333 and @JHR1

@jorge333, since you went into quite a bit of troubleshooting with my colleague via email, I'm more than happy to send you another one so that we can further inevstigate this, due to account-specific info that might be needed.

@JHR1, could you also let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) that you have with a specialized member of the team?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?