cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Latest Dropbox update is causing Windows 10 File Explorer to hang

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @jawenforcement, thanks for nudging us on this thread, and sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this. 

At first, great work on the troubleshooting! It definitely helps narrow down the issue. At this point though, I'd recommend continuing via email with my colleague that's reviewing this for you, as they're be able to look into this matter more efficiently.

I've made sure to pass your comments along to them, and rest assured, they'll do their best to assist you.

@jorge333, I just replied to your ticket, so as soon as you get the chance, please check your inbox for message. 

Thanks again, everyone!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same trouble. Clicking into a file or folder causes windows explorer to hang.  I have the same version on my laptop as my desktop, and have tried the advice in this thread.  When I uninstalled dropbox, I was able to access the files in the dropbox folder regularly, so this is definitely some interaction the app is having with windows. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

hi @snorthrup, sure its a dropbox problem but they doesnt care.... after many hours with their techs there is no option than go away dropbox.

Last answer I received from a level 2 tech is "Im sure its your antivirus problem, so unistall all your software except dropbox".... very very bad support service!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5
@jorge333 I don’t have an anti-virus software (other than the included windows defender) so this answer can’t be valid.
Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

There are a lot of people having this problem. To the best of my knowledge, no one has received advice from DropBox that resolved it. 

In fact, our experience with DropBox support suggests that a) they don't why this problem is happening and b) their tech support is not equipped to support their users.

I find it very interesting, given their quarterly earnings report which caused their stock to surge last week. Evidently making money is more important than making sure that their clients are taken care of.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Its totally clear dropbox has not a qualified support and also doesnt want happy users.... so only option is go away from dropbox to other services.

I have been using google last years but.... what other services do you recommend?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

So I had iCloud installed on my computer as well (I was trying out a few different clodu services) and uninstalling it fixed my problem, which I found because apparently people were having the same problem with OneDrive and Microsoft Support figured out iCloud creates issues.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I unistalled DROPBOX app from my system and use ONEDRIVE app for several days without any problem... all works fine.

I purchase a ONEDRIVE business plan for 5usd 1TB.... and can be upgradeable to 5TB or unlimited cloud space from 10usd/month.

I never have tried onedrive before, but very happy now with results.

Good luck all with DROPBOX!!! better advice if you have problems is.... try other service.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

@snorthrup wrote:

So I had iCloud installed on my computer as well (I was trying out a few different clodu services) and uninstalling it fixed my problem, which I found because apparently people were having the same problem with OneDrive and Microsoft Support figured out iCloud creates issues.

Interesting. I tried uninstalling both OneDrive and iCloud and continued having issues. This does make me want to try again though. Thanks for passing along your experience.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Im using onedrive several weeks ago and very happy.

Dropbox support still doesnt know nothing and do nothing to fix this issue or support users......

DONT USE DROPBOX never ever its best recomendation.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?