cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Dropbox Client for Linux is broken for the latest version of gnome.

Latest Dropbox Client for Linux is broken for the latest version of gnome.

ncage
Explorer | Level 3

The latest release version of the dropbox client (62.4.103-1) is broken for the latest release version of gnome on linux. It looks like you run the following command on gnome when they click on the menu in the dropbox client like "Open dropbox folder" or click a recent item:

nautilus --no-desktop

which failes with the follow error 

Unknown option --no-desktop

The --no-desktop option was removed in gnome 3.28. (Commit 74dd9c9f)

According to the nome developers this is how it "should" be done:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/issues/774#note_375859

xdg-open $URI

or use the standard FileManager DBBus API. I'll try to elaborte when i get home on exactly what is broken but what i can tell you at this point is "Open Dropbox folder" menu item & clicking on an item in your recent item list does not work but there is more that i will elaborte hopefully later tonight.

5 Replies 5

Re: Latest Dropbox Client for Linux is broken for the latest version of gnome.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, we’ve forwarded this information to our dev team for them to investigate this matter in detail.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ncage
Explorer | Level 3

Well i promised a little more detail and here goes. As i've stated already clicking on

"open dropbox folder" &

clickon on an item in the "Recently changed files" list doesn't work.

Here are some more issues. When you click "Pause Syncing" it seems to work but you can't tell. Nothing happens to the menu to tell you it happened & clicking it again does not unpause syncing. You have to close the app & reopen for it to resume syncing. 

Another issue that i took screenshots of:

Ok you can see two different dropbox menus from the icon. It might look like the same menu but they are definitely different menus. The one on top in the 1st image is one and the 2nd image is another. Even the font between the two is different.  The "recent changed files" menu item in the menu does not work (no files listed) and the 2nd menu in the 2nd screen does. I have to play around clicking to get both to come up but usually on the menu in the 1st image comes up. I know this is a little confusing but if you need any more clarification then let me know

ncage
Explorer | Level 3

@Jay wrote:
Hi there, we’ve forwarded this information to our dev team for them to investigate this matter in detail.

Thanks Jay. Do you have any public exposable issue/bug tracker that i can follow the issue?

Jay
Dropboxer
Currently there isn’t a public tracker, these are all forwarded to the team internally for them to look into this.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

layolayo
Helpful | Level 5

Has anything being done to resolve this? I still cannot use the Recently Changed Files function, when I click on it the list of files appears then disappears immediately...?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

layolayo Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropboxer
    ncage Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?