cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Linking android app to work computer

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I've been working at my home computer with many files on Dropbox.  I'd like to link up with the app on my Samsung J7 android.  I installed Dropbox on the J7 and it told me to go to www.dropbox.com/connect on the home computer.  It then ordered me to take the picture of the symbol on my computer which I did and then it downloaded the dropbox tool installer to my home computer.  My home computer already had it installed.  Worse still, there is no link up.  What's the deal?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Linking android app to work computer

Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

@weeksworld I have iOS, so I apologize if I am missing something, but you should be able to simply login to your Dropbox account within the Dropbox app on your Samsung. You shouldn't have to "link" a computer. When you sign in, you should be able to see your account as it appears on dropbox.com. Is that not the case?

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Linking android app to work computer

Experienced Collaborator | Level 13

@weeksworld I have iOS, so I apologize if I am missing something, but you should be able to simply login to your Dropbox account within the Dropbox app on your Samsung. You shouldn't have to "link" a computer. When you sign in, you should be able to see your account as it appears on dropbox.com. Is that not the case?

View solution in original post

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gregoc Experienced Collaborator | Level 13
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?