cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Linking two accounts on one computer

Linking two accounts on one computer

Dennis01
Helpful | Level 6

I have both a Personal Family Plan and a Business Professional Plan.  Can I link those two together so that I don't have to log in and out all the time?  To keep them separated, my Family plan is on a different email address with a different billing method than my Business plan.  I saw a response that indicated it can be done, but I want to make sure these two specific plans, by name, (Personal-Family and Business-Professional), can be linked without them trying to merge or otherwise upsetting the known universe.

Thanks,

Dennis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

@Dennis01 wrote:

I guess I'm not understanding what is "business" and what isn't.  Seems confusing the way it is listed on their site.

🙂 Yes, I fully agree with you! That's something really confusing. By the way, some time ago, Professional wasn't in business section. 🤷 The application count it still as a just individual plan, as it is actually, and not a business. The marketing department seems has different understanding. 😁

In your case the only workaround would be to run on your machine 2 different Dropbox application instances in context of 2 different local accounts link to your 2 Dropbox accounts (one by one). Not very convenient, but something better than nothing. Till Dropbox fix the application, at least. Let's hope gonna be soon.

Hope this helps to some extent.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Mark
Super User II

Yes you can 🙂

Follow https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/multiple-accounts/link-unlink-two-accounts

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Dennis01
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks!  I'll try it and get back to you.

Dennis01
Helpful | Level 6

I went to that link - thanks again for that.  But, before I actually try it I'd like to clear up a bit of confusion I have.  Is Dropbox PROFESSIONAL a business account, or a personal account?  When I signed up for the PROFESSIONAL plan this morning it was listed in the BUSINESS section.  However, the NOTE on the link you sent me says "Basic, Plus, Family, and Professional plans can't be linked to each other".  I'm being cautious because yesterday was a long, frustrating day as I tried to get two accounts to work together....they didn't.

Thanks very much,

Dennis

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox Professional can be linked fine with a Business Account (I have it here).

Professional is the high end individual 'business' plan. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Здравко

Hi @Dennis01,

Actually you can't! So called Business Professional plan isn't "Business" one according Dropbox application' criteria! Dropbox application assumes Business plan is a plan involving a team, which the Professional plan isn't. You can join your "Business" Professional plan to other real Business plan, bot not to other individual plan!

Hope this clarifies matter.

Dennis01
Helpful | Level 6

I guess that's where I'm getting confused.  Professional is listed in the business account section, not in the personal account section.  I don't have any other type of "business" plan except for using Professional.

If Professional isn't a true "business" plan, but only a high-end personal plan, (even though it is listed in the business section of their sales page), then Professional and Family would both be personal plans and I won't be able to properly link them.

I guess I'm not understanding what is "business" and what isn't.  Seems confusing the way it is listed on their site.

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis01
Helpful | Level 6

That's exactly what I needed to know.  Thanks very much!

Dennis

Здравко

@Dennis01 wrote:

🙂 Yes, I fully agree with you! That's something really confusing. By the way, some time ago, Professional wasn't in business section. 🤷 The application count it still as a just individual plan, as it is actually, and not a business. The marketing department seems has different understanding. 😁

In your case the only workaround would be to run on your machine 2 different Dropbox application instances in context of 2 different local accounts link to your 2 Dropbox accounts (one by one). Not very convenient, but something better than nothing. Till Dropbox fix the application, at least. Let's hope gonna be soon.

Hope this helps to some extent.

View solution in original post

Dennis01
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks!  That's what I'm doing now.  Just wanted to link if I could.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?