cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Linking two accounts on one computer

Dennis01
Helpful | Level 6

BTW, if I have two different browsers open for my two different "personal" accounts, (Edge for FAMILY and Chrome for PROFESSIONAL), can I download the APP for my family account on edge, or will it still try to merge with the the PRO account?  I'd like to download the APP on Edge so I can have better control.  Just trying to keep from having to log in and out all the time.  

Dropbox, if you're listening it would be handy if you could get this issue fixed so we can toggle back and forth between accounts.  Seems a waste not to have this capability.

Thanks!

Dennis

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Dennis01,

There is NOT relation between accessing Dropbox account using web browser and using Dropbox application! Yes you can use multiple account with multiple different web browsers in the same local context, but you can't apply the same practice for the application. Dropbox application is singleton application and that's why you can't run more than one instance on the same context (local account). That's why I suggested usage of multiple local accounts (as different run context) before, so would be possible drive more than one Dropbox account. I don't know any other workaround yet.

Dennis01
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks very much!

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?