cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Links in PDF after upload to Dropbox

Links in PDF don't work on iPhone, iPad

ninovillari
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have made a project to share informations using PDFs contained in my DropBox space, starting from a QGIS Cloud application.

1) In PCs: the links contained in these PDFs are working only if the PDF is effectively downloaded (I believe that in the PDF reader of DropBox, links don't work: correct?).

2) In iPhone/iPad there is no way to have those links working.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

PDF

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kevinw73
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After clicking on the PDF to open it from an email on the iPad or iPhone tap the export icon and open the PDF in iBooks.  The links will then become active, at least they did for me and went to my Dropbox to open the proper files.

View solution in original post

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Dropbox only displays a preview of files as Rich said. If it isnt working and you need to see the proper version I'm afraid the only thing to do is download the file and open it in a compatible app (Adobe etc.)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

What you're seeing when you open a PDF in Dropbox (in the app on your phone or on the web) is just a preview of the file. Open the PDF in  Adobe or another app that supports PDF files.

ninovillari
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you, I followed your advice but also after opening the file with Adobe Acrobat it seems to me impossible to see links working.

PDF with links

PDF in Adobe Acrobat

Action available

Kevinw73
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After clicking on the PDF to open it from an email on the iPad or iPhone tap the export icon and open the PDF in iBooks.  The links will then become active, at least they did for me and went to my Dropbox to open the proper files.

Bajjer
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi friends, I've given up after a couple hours of trouble shooting, so here I am.

Uploading a pdf created from word doc to shared Dropbox folder; all links work in word doc & pdf while on PC.

Upload to drop box and links on one page go wonky.  It became like chasing a mouse; first different web page links wouldn't work after sequential uploads (one that worked last upload now didnt work after fixing the original link issue); I fixed that by erasing formatting in word and resaving, etc.  That caused then email links above the web links to stop working; they had been working in Dropbox before I fixed link in first sentence.

I tried erasing the formatting in word for email addy's; yup, you guessed it, email links worked first Dropbox upload, but then the original problem reappeared.  So I fixed oringinal and stopped.

HELP!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Dropbox only displays a preview of files as Rich said. If it isnt working and you need to see the proper version I'm afraid the only thing to do is download the file and open it in a compatible app (Adobe etc.)

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?