cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Dropbox Tray Icon shows "No Parking"

Linux Dropbox Tray Icon shows "No Parking"

Peter B.70
New member | Level 2

Linux Xubuntu 15.10 (Wily)

Starting a few weeks ago the dropbox tray icon shows as a "No Parking" sign (Circle with a line through it) and there is no menu if I click it. Synchronization is still working. I am well under my limit of file size. I tried restarting dropbox and reinstalling it but the same thing continues. This occurs on two Linux Xubuntu 15.10 computers.

6 Replies 6

Re: Linux Dropbox Tray Icon shows "No Parking"

Mark
Super User II

Which version of Dropbox?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Peter B.70
New member | Level 2

Hovering over the Dropbox no parking sign does not tell the version nor can I select a menu from it.

The directory where the executable is installed is called dropbox-lnx.x86_64-3.14.7 so I think the version is 3.14.7

Also there is a file VERSION in that directory which contains the text 3.14.7.

Simon R.
Collaborator | Level 8

I have been having the same problem for a few weeks too with  Xubuntu 14.04  and  Linux Mint 17.1 with MATE.  It is not happening with LXLE 14.04.4 with LXDE (which is running Dropbox 3.14.7).

It is very annoying because it is not possible to tell whether it is up-to-date or not.  There are no pop-ups to say files have changed either.

It does seem to be working.

Max D.6
New member | Level 2

Same problem here. As a workaround you can start dropbox with a new session bus. See link. Hope this will be fixed soon.

Peter B.70
New member | Level 2

That solves it for now. Thanks.

Jarno S.
Explorer | Level 3

I created another solution, see http://askubuntu.com/a/832942/21005 . This way you don't have to restart dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jarno S. Explorer | Level 3
    Peter B.70 New member | Level 2
    Max D.6 New member | Level 2
    Simon R. Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?