cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Linux Dropbox: fatal python exception

Linux Dropbox: fatal python exception

Capatex
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

I am new to linux, taking over responsibilty due to a colleague leaving and im very lost.

Yesterday, I checked the drobox status on the terminal and it was stuck on dropbox upgrading. I restarted it and now I'm getting the following error with a load of other text:

ImportError: libatomic.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
!! dropbox: fatal python exception:

Can anybody advise how I am able to fix this? And please bear in mind I am new to all of this 🙂

Thank you so much for your time.

Ross

36 Replies 36

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks Luis. I appreciate the kind response of yours after all this troubleshooting. 

Truth is that after the steps Ð—дравко offered there are not much to add without checking device specific details. I think this will be the best way to address this. 

You got mail! :envelope: :slight_smile:

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@Luis28, One last check to see if by error your library don't match 64-bits:

file -L $(whereis libatomic.so.1 | sed s/libatomic.so:\ //)

The result should contain "ELF 64-bit LSB shared object". If result contain "ELF 32-bit LSB shared object" or nothing similar at all, there is something wrong in the library installation/configuration. In such a case the package, containing the library, have to be reinstalled.

Good luck. :sunglasses:

Luis28
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@

Cortex76
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello

I had to install several packages in order to bypass the error, including libatomic bus as well :

libxshmfence-dev
libxcb-present-dev
libxcb-dri3-dev
libxcb-dri2-0-dev
libxcb-glx0-dev
libxdamage-dev
libxext6
libglapi-mesa
libatomic1

That should be included in the package, dont you think ?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @Cortex76,

That's exactly what Dropbox tries to do (not always successfully). Such a strategy is very wrong! The only right way is proper declaration of needed packages, not include them in one place (systems change over time). The exact reason related to libatomic1 was missing declaration and Dropbox developers rely this package exists in all cases, which isn't true. What they do - not declare needed, but instead libatomic1 content gets included in the application. What's result - the Dropbox application package gets bigger and bigger over time, which could be avoided, nothing more.

KingswoodCountry
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

same here

nux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/bitnami/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-102.4.431/apex._apex.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/bitnami/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-102.4.431/psutil._psutil_linux.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/bitnami/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-102.4.431/psutil._psutil_posix.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/bitnami/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-102.4.431/tornado.speedups.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/bitnami/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-102.4.431/wrapt._wrappers.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
dropbox: load fq extension '/home/bitnami/.dropbox-dist/dropbox-lnx.x86_64-102.4.431/PyQt5.QtWidgets.cpython-37m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "dropbox/client/main.pyc", line 255, in <module>
File "dropbox/foundation/navigation_service/factory.pyc", line 22, in <module>
File "dropbox/foundation/navigation_service/navigation_service_impl.pyc", line 57, in <module>
File "dropbox/foundation/html_views/electron/manager_factory.pyc", line 14, in <module>
File "dropbox/foundation/html_views/local/common/manager.pyc", line 33, in <module>
File "dropbox/client/features/model_registry.pyc", line 13, in <module>
File "dropbox/client/features/generated_models.pyc", line 289, in <module>
File "dropbox/client/features/previews/view_anchor.pyc", line 106, in <module>
File "<_bootstrap_overrides>", line 153, in load_module
ImportError: libglapi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
!! dropbox: fatal python exception:
['Traceback (most recent call last):\n', ' File "dropbox/client/main.pyc", line 255, in <module>\n', ' File "dropbox/foundation/navigation_service/factory.pyc", line 22, in <module>\n', ' File "dropbox/foundation/navigation_service/navigation_service_impl.pyc", line 57, in <module>\n', ' File "dropbox/foundation/html_views/electron/manager_factory.pyc", line 14, in <module>\n', ' File "dropbox/foundation/html_views/local/common/manager.pyc", line 33, in <module>\n', ' File "dropbox/client/features/model_registry.pyc", line 13, in <module>\n', ' File "dropbox/client/features/generated_models.pyc", line 289, in <module>\n', ' File "dropbox/client/features/previews/view_anchor.pyc", line 106, in <module>\n', ' File "<_bootstrap_overrides>", line 153, in load_module\n', 'ImportError: libglapi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory\n'] (error 3)

The Dropbox daemon is not installed!
Run "dropbox start -i" to install the daemon
bitnami@ip-172-31-47-141:~$ sudo apt-get install libatomic1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libatomic1 is already the newest version (8.3.0-6).
libatomic1 set to manually installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
bitnami@ip-172-31-47-141:~$

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @KingswoodCountry,

Your error message have said where exactly is the problem - i. e. missing library "libglapi.so.0". Where did you decide from that the missing library is part of "libatomic1" package?! Particular library, on focus, is part of "libglapi-mesa" package. 😉 I believe, you know what has to be done.

Hope this helps.

Need more support?