cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Linux panel icon "Launch Dropbox Website" opens the Signal application, and not a web

Linux panel icon "Launch Dropbox Website" opens the Signal application, and not a web browser.

el_gallo_azul
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I suppose if I want to see my Dropbox website, I'll have to do it manually.

13 Replies 13

el_gallo_azul
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Boo hoo.

It's not over yet. I just discovered that if I reset the default application to a browser, and then start Signal again, the default application is changed back to Signal somehow. I've tried to find how, but I don't know yet.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @el_gallo_azul,

According your description, the issue is coming up from Signal application. Every application can manage mime database and if this is performed improperly,... just leads to issues.

I just have a look on the application repository and seems such issue has been fixed in past. Do you take care to keep your application up to date? 🤔 If you did, post/resume the bug there. Take a look here: https://github.com/signalapp/Signal-Desktop/issues/4462

Good luck. 😉

el_gallo_azul
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I rely on the Ubuntu 16.04 Software Updater to find and (on my request) install application updates.

I'm on version 5.22.0 of Signal for Linux desktop.

That bug "4462" you posted is closed, and I can't see any way to reopen it. I'll create a new bug if I get a chance.

el_gallo_azul
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Need more support?