cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux panel icon won't launch Dropbox website

Linux panel icon won't launch Dropbox website

josephj11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

On Linux, right clicking the Dropbox panel icon and selecting Launch Dropbox website does not work.

It creates a file in /tmp called something like dropbox-antifreeze-6bajuC and tries to run it.

There are two problems with this.

1) The first line of the file is blank making automatic file type identification fail

2) The file is identified as a perl script and opens in kate.

Removing the leading blank line and adding a .html extension to the  file name of a temporarily saved copy of the file makes it work as expected.

Since it's not remotely a perl file, I can't change my file type options in properties without potentially breaking a bunch of things,

How do I fix this?

kubuntu 18.04 Linux/KDE 5.47.0/Qt 5.9.5

11 Replies 11

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@josephj11 wrote:

It may be a separate issue, but one small thing still doesn't work.

When I right click on a file in Dropbox from within Dolphin and select Copy Dropbox link, it says it did it, but I get something that looks like an empty entry in my clipboard. There's nothing there when I paste it into my text editor (kate.)

Hi @josephj11,

Yes, you are right. There is a problem with Dropbox links. But, this is NOT a problem neither with Dolphin nor its plugins, but seems you just discovered a new bug in Dropbox application. This has to get in attention of Dropbox development. Let's hope... but most probably will stay so. I haven't noticed this, causa use it very rare (almost no), but used to work some time ago. Anyway... forget it! 😠Most probably this is some new Dropbox "feature", but you should assume a bug (as is actually)! 🤷 For once again...

josephj11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

If you can't fix it, feature it! LOL

Thanks.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

josephj11 Explorer | Level 4
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?