cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Linux support for multiple accounts.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Same here. Did the workaround but it is a workaround. With limitations...

It is really annoying.

We were considering upgrading all of our accounts into business accounts but till this is resolved we do not plan to.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

It has now been more than a year and this is still not implemented. This is pretty unacceptable at this point.

What are businesses running Linux-based operating systems supposed to do when users need to access more than one account?

Workarounds are mediocre at best. I guess we'll just have to find another service to spend our money on instead.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

This feature really needs to be implemented or we are going to be forced to move our business account to another service.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm on the paid personal dropbox account. I would also upgrade to Dropbox for Business if this feature was implemented.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

+1

My whole team is running Ubuntu and using both the personal and work accounts is a requirement for moving to Dropbox for Business.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

+1

My team just signed up for Dropbox for Business and a couple of us can't use it on our Ubuntu machines. It seems that this is something Dropbox is not willing to implement. I'm glad that I can influence the decision making and we'll have to look for other alternatives out there.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Love you guys; your service; and your support for linux. I'll go another route .. I'm not changing services over this as I've tried them all and you guys are the best. I recently got a business account through work as well and if this dual account thing could be implemented in the linux client as well it would really simplify things for me. I'm not dropping linux and I'm not dropping dropbox! Thanks!
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

+1

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I came here assuming I must have missed something or found a bug.

You guys seriously don't support this yet?  Do you know what year it is?

Highlighted

Re: Business + Personal on Desktop in Linux

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

2018 is coming to an end and still no update announced on this issue. I have already given up on Dropbox dev team and have been running the second Dropbox instance in docker. https://valh.io/blog/Dockerize-Dropbox-on-Linux

Also, smart-sync feature is missing from the Linux client. Any word on that?

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?