cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Locate sync files

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have a dropbox where I keep some websites. These sites have a vendor folder. Each vendor folder may have some common elements.

I have a many sites, thus there are many duplicate named folders and files.

I currently have a syncing issue: "Can't sync vendor, file is in use".

This has persisted depsite restarts. How can I find out which specific "vendor" has this issue so I can debug it.

The question I want answering: how do I get the complete location of a file/sync error.

Thanks

Rick

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Locate sync files

Super User II
Super User II
There is no list of files that are syncing, or those that can't sync. You'll need to browse through your files and locate the vendor file that doesn't have a green check on it. You'll see either the blue sync icon or possibly a red X which shows that a file can't sync.
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'll see if it works... but that's not a very good way of doing this.  In some projects I literally have hundreds of "index.php" files.

Is there a way to make a feature request for this? Surely making a screen with more error info is a good idea no matter what: "slightly more detail on the thing Dropbox is already complaining about, probably making it easy to remedy the situation".

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Moved to the Share feedback forum.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?