cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Dropbox to one computer

Locking Dropbox to one computer

jonathanw
New member | Level 2

Is there a way to secure dropbox in a way that it can only be used from one computer? I believe the IP address of the computer changes, so I cant lock it by IP. I could setup 2 factor so that if someone logs in they need a code, but im wondering if there is another way to prevent access to the account from anywhere else besides the computer I install it on.

1 Reply 1

Re: Locking dropbox to one computer

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @jonathanw, thanks for posting your question here. 

Currently, only Business team admins can limit the number of devices that are connected.

However, you can always post this as a feature that you'd like to see being implemented in the future, here

In the meantime, you could always have a look through your Security tab for any other devices that are linked to your account. 

I hope this helps to some extent but let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?