cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to system account for Dropbox not possible within SailfishOS

Login to system account for Dropbox not possible within SailfishOS

Perikles
Helpful | Level 5
If I try to create a system account of Sailfish OS on my mobile phone, the web form of Dropbox for a login is shown. If I enter my user credentials and press enter, the form shown an infinite spinner next to the login button. Creating a system account worked fine in the past. This is, what I have done: 1. Removing the system account to create it from the scratch. 2. Removing Sailfish in my Dropbox settings. Has someone an idea?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Login to system account for Dropbox not possible within SailfishOS

Perikles
Helpful | Level 5
Finally my solution is to create the system account from the gallary app of Sailfish OS. Select any image in the gallery and select the option for a new account in the list of sharing options. Then create a Dropbox account. For any reasons, this works.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey Perikles, thanks for checking in with us on our Forum! 

You may keep in mind that currently the Dropbox app is compatible with iOS 10 or later & Android OS 4.4 and up, though in all honesty I’m slightly curious on your current setup. May I ask which of the two available apps you’ve tried to install? This way I may pass your comments internally as a feature request. Let me know & well take it from there! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Perikles
Helpful | Level 5

Hello Jane,

Sailfish OS as an alternative to iOS and Android offers a system account for Dropbox. This worked fine until I posted my message in this forum. 

Therefore I don't use a Dropbox app although it would be possible to run Android apps, which are compatible with Android 4.4 Kitkat. 

Sailfish OS has a deep integration of Dropbox, to make a system backup or store photos and video in Dropbox wihtin the default galery app. This is very convenient and my expectation of a real cloud integration. 

Currently I'm using Sailfish OS 2.1.4.14 on an Intex Aqua Fish.

I can see, that Sailfish OS is using the social login with the well known web form. Maybe there is a problem with the call back URL. Maybe I have to delete some cache, but I couldn't connect to Dropbox with a fresh Sailfish OS developer device, that hasn't a dropbox account before. 

Some user's report, that it is possible to login with a Google account. I didn't try it, because I have no personal Gopgle account and wouldn't connect the accounts anyway. 

Perikles
Helpful | Level 5
Finally my solution is to create the system account from the gallary app of Sailfish OS. Select any image in the gallery and select the option for a new account in the list of sharing options. Then create a Dropbox account. For any reasons, this works.

View solution in original post

Jane
Dropboxer
Glad to hear you managed to fix this issue & thanks a lot for posting the Solution on our discussion here Perikles

Please feel free to get back in touch with us at any time in the future in case you have any more questions & I’ll make sure to check back with you in any way I can. Have a wonderful rest of your day! :slight_smile:

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    Perikles Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?