cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connection to Dropbox - ISP block?

Lost connection to Dropbox - ISP block?

Robelle
Explorer | Level 3

48 hours ago my Dropbox stopped syncing on my iMac and Macbook Air.  I can also not access the dropbox.com website. I have tried Safari and Google Chrome and both cannot access the website.  When I connect via Hotspot on my iPhone, everything works again!  It looks like an ISP block on Dropbox but I doubt they would do that.  I have also fixed permissions and reset hardlinks and turned of proxy in the Dropbox preferences.  Can anyone help me??

5 Replies 5

Re: Lost connection to Dropbox - ISP block?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @Robelle, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Are you still having trouble with this? 

If you are, could you let me know what you see when you click on the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock? 

Keep us posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Robelle
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Lusil,

I am using a Mac.  The Dropbox app cannot connect to www.dropbox.com.  I can also not access that website via any browser. However, when I disconnect from my ISP and use my iPhone Hotspot as the Wifi, Dropbox works fine on both my iMac and MacBook Air.  I have contacted my ISP and they can see no problems on their end and they don’t block websites.  So this is mystery.

Lusil
Dropboxer

It sounds like it may be your firewall or antivirus preventing your access. 

Just to make sure that I have a better visual of what you're seeing though, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of any error messages you might be getting? 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Robelle
Explorer | Level 3

I have no Firewall active and no antivirus software running.

The only error message I get is the Browser timing out and saying the server this page is on is not responding.

Jay
Dropboxer

It does sound like the ISP or router is preventing access to the official Dropbox domains.

At this point, you'd need to get in contact with them directly for further assistance on this matter.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?