cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone to laptop connection

Krina
Helpful | Level 5

Hi,
Recently got new fone, someone successfully connected my laptop to the fone so that my foto's would auto upload onto laptop dropbox?
All of a sudden it wouldnt?
Now I cant get them to connect?
I have dropbox on both fone and laptop, yet now my fone is filling up because i cant move the foto's from fone drpbox to laptop dropbox not even manually?

Help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lost phone to laptop connection

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Krina!

The system tray should be in the bottom right corner of your screen and displays the clock icon, WiFi and should be where you see the Dropbox icon when the app is running.

If you don't see the icon there, press the Windows key on your keyboard and type in "Dropbox". You should see a desktop app option which you can click to launch the app.

You should then see the Dropbox icon appear in the system tray and you can check the syncing status to when it's finished syncing your files.

I hope this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Super User II
Super User II

Why is it not working? We need more info here - some errors/info on whats happening etc. please

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Krina
Helpful | Level 5
All I can say is that before I only had to have laptop and phone close together and they'd sync, taking the photo's to my laptop?
Now it doesn't?
I also can't do it with hardwire either?
Recently had a virus on laptop, which I had fixed and when it came back, there were other problems including this drop box problem? I just figured it needed re-syncing, fone to laptop, but I cannot find a way to do it? I don't know what else to tell you really? I'm a bit of a techno Dino lol

Super User II
Super User II

Have you made sure that you've installed Dropbox on the phone from the App/Play store and used the EXACT same email and password as on your computer?

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Krina
Helpful | Level 5
Yep, it worked fine before the virus clean up
It's still on fone, and still on laptop but won't move pictures/vids from fone to laptop 😣

Super User II
Super User II

Tried a reinstall? 

- - -

Krina
Helpful | Level 5
On laptop, or fone, or both lol
No I haven't, scared of losing what I have. OK, thanks for trying to help, I'll have to leave it till can get back to my techy help, tho it's since he had it, that I've lost various things! 😞

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Krina, just jumping in here to see if you still need assistance with this!

If you're still having issues, can you just let me know if you're able to see the photos uploaded to Dropbox on your mobile app, but not on your computer?

Or, are the photos not uploading to the Dropbox app on your mobile?

Finally, can you let me know if your desktop app is currently running on your computer? You should see the Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar if it's running.

If you can't see the Dropbox icon, please launch the app on your computer.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Krina
Helpful | Level 5
Hi Daphne, yes can see photos on phone, but no they won't transfer to laptop? Not even with the lead from phone to laptop?
Yes the dropbox is there on my laptop, showing uploaded photos prior to the virus? Not sure what you mean when you say in system tray tho?
Thanks

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Krina!

The system tray should be in the bottom right corner of your screen and displays the clock icon, WiFi and should be where you see the Dropbox icon when the app is running.

If you don't see the icon there, press the Windows key on your keyboard and type in "Dropbox". You should see a desktop app option which you can click to launch the app.

You should then see the Dropbox icon appear in the system tray and you can check the syncing status to when it's finished syncing your files.

I hope this helps!

Daphne

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?