cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost sync with computer

Lost sync with computer

Bea6
Helpful | Level 6

My troubles began with suddenly not being able to get into a password-protected file (Decryption failed)
I deleted the app (I see now that was a mistake), and now cannot get back in on my phone. (Dropbox on my computer is fine, altho I had to change my password.)
I re-downloaded the app to the phone (Apple) and was told that I had reached my plan's device limit, which is ridiculous because it's only connected to one device.

I am now automatically directed to Dropbox Plus, which I don't want.

2 Replies 2

Re: Lost sync with computer

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi @Bea6, I hope you're well today!

It sounds like some previous devices that you uninstalled the app from might still be "connected" to your account.

Can you check your security page here, and remove any old devices that weren't unlinked from the account correctly?

You'll be able to reconnect your mobile once you're below the Basic account's 3 device limit.

For the error that you mentioned trying to open the password protected file, please check out this thread for some more info on this.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Lost sync with computer

Bea6
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you Daphne,

Your response was on the right track, but it took so long to arrive that I sought (and received) help elsewhere.

Thanks again.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?