cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M1 Mac Issue

M1 Mac Issue

geoffrogers
New member | Level 2

I have recently purchased an M1 Apple Silicon Mac and installed Dropbox with its Rosetta requirements.

It installs and seems to sync.

But...

The 'Modified' date of many files appears to be the date and time of the last sync (this is in Finder and the desktop app, but not online and on other machines linked to the account, including older Macs)

And some files created in (e.g) Pages on another Mac just don't appear at all.  They are there as they can be seen on the web page and on a windows PC linked to the account.

Tearing my hair our as I'm a very much integrated of Dropbox across my devices for work and fun.  At this rate I'll be switching to Onedrive or upgrade my icloud allocation.

1 Reply 1

Re: M1 Mac Issue

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello there @geoffrogers, thanks for reaching out. 

Generally, if a file is download from the web, it will show the date it last synced to your device, but it won't come up on the web and other devices. 

Just to make sure though, has the date changed for all of your files or specific ones?

As for files you're unable to preview locally, could you clarify if the desktop app has finished syncing?

You can do that by hovering over or clicking on the Dropbox icon that's next to your computer's clock. 

Check it out and let me know what you find, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?