cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MAJOR BUG: Adobe CC + Windows 10

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm using the latest Adobe CC software (Photoshop and Illustrator) on Windows 10, and there is a significant bug present sometimes when saving files.

When saving a file, it will initially be saved to a folder in my Dropbox folder, but during syncing, Dropbox will delete it and leave behind a ._t_ file instead. This seems to occur randomly. I'm using Dropbox 3.8.8.

Please pass this nasty bug on to your engineers, and get it fixed ASAP. It's been present for months now.

13 Replies 13
Highlighted

Re: MAJOR BUG: Adobe CC + Windows 10

Super User II
Super User II

I'm not sure it can be Dropbox - as Dropbox cannot delete data from a computer, but....

It's been present for months now.

Have you logged a ticket and told them so remembering that this is a user supported forum?

www.dropbox.com/support to log ticket 

http://dropbox.zendesk.com

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Timothy, do you get an error when saving the file as well? Anything about not being able to save the file? If so, please read and comment on the following thread:

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Rich R.: Yes, I've gotten the same error as you when using Photoshop CC 2015. I also get a similar one when saving .svg files from Illustrator. The .svg file will initially be saved, and then it'll be replaced by a ._t_ file. This seems to occur randomly.

Mark Mc: Dropbox is replacing a saved file with a ._t_ file, whatever that is. I'm guessing it's some sort of temp. file.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Just wanted to chime in here and say that I just experienced this.

Exporting SVG out of Illustrator CC. Didn't notice the issue until after exporting 70 svg files. Only about 8 were removed and replaced with weird _T_ files. Probably worth noting is that during the exporting, a Dropbox notif came up from the systray saying I was running out of space.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Just came across this also.  Anyone got a fix for it?  Can't seem to find any information regarding these ._t_ files except for this post.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Having this same problem, with Adobe CS6 and Dropbox v17.4.33, with PNGs and SVGs. I think this is a Dropbox issue since I'm able to save files in folders outside of Dropbox without issue.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Having same issue, very annoying. Svg I'm saving in Illustrator CC in 50% producing ._t_ files. As workhound forced to switched off dropbox sync when I working with svg, but hope it can be fixed in a better way. 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

This issue is also happening with Window 7 and Ilustrator CS5. When I have an SVG file from illustrator it saves the SVG as well as a "._t_". The interesting thing is that if I close the SVG file I'm working on then delete the "._t_" and reopen the SVG in illustrator, some of my layers are gone!

ANY IDEA WHY OR WHEN THIS WILL GET FIXED?

Thanks!

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Dropbox cannot do that ProjectGuru - it cannot create files. Adobe itself is creating that, probably as a temporary file to help the saving or lock the files.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?