cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Word Freezes when Dialog Box points to Dropbox

Re: MS Word Freezes when Dialog Box points to Dropbox

Larry B.6
New member | Level 1

Last week I installed an early release of Office 2016 for Mac and so far I have had no problems with freezing in Dropbox. So it seems that the glitch was on the Office side of things, which is what Dropbox apparently said from the beginning. Anyway, so far, so good. 

Randy B.2
New member | Level 1

Larry B. and Lars R. provided some great advice on May 18 and June 10, wish I had found this sooner. Switching to the icon view resolved the problem. Prior to the switch, Word and Excel became non responsive when I would try to insert a file from Dropbox into a Word or Excel file. The Icon view fixed this issue. I have also been experiencing the same difficulty while saving a Quick Books invoice as a pdf directly to a Dropbox folder. My mid 2014 Macbook Pro is running the latest version of OS X version 10.10.4 and Office Mac 2011, in case this is helpful to know.

Silvia T.
Explorer | Level 3

Changing the way the icons are displayed worked for me. Thanks

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Silvia T. Explorer | Level 3
    Randy B.2 New member | Level 1
    Larry B.6 New member | Level 1
    Fred V.5 New member | Level 1
    Michael E.8 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?