cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac 10.7.5 DB 3.2.9 won t login after install - says too old

Mac 10.7.5 DB 3.2.9 won t login after install - says too old

Smoere78
Explorer | Level 3

Hey DB Team,

i still use a MacMini with OS X 10.7.5. I m a paying customer and still need to use this machine. Because I read newer versions won t run on 10.7.5 I tried to install 3.2.9. The installation worked fine but everytime I try to login it says the version iis too old and won t let me login. Please help me to solve this issue. 

Thx in advance Marcel

8 Replies 8

Re: Mac 10.7.5 DB 3.2.9 won t login after install - says too old

Mark
Super User II

Edit:

Just download an updated version from www.dropbox.com/downloading and it should work

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

As it states, the version of Dropbox that you're running is too old and will no longer work. You need to upgrade to the latest version. You can get the latest Stable or Beta builds here:

Smoere78
Explorer | Level 3
I can t update the MacMini because there is no update.

The website is useless for me in this case. Because uploads via the websites are way too slow and killing the bandwith totally. I need to do uploads to one folder.

Also the website doesn t work with the Safari 6.1.6 which is the latest version available for OS X 10.7.5.

I pay like 130 Euro a year. I just want a service that works...

Mark
Super User II
Dropbox works on software from 10.6.8 and higher. All you need to do is download the newest client and install that.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Smoere78
Explorer | Level 3
The Version 3.2.9 is the last version which should work on my OS, I was told. I m not going to buy a new Mac for just using Dropbox. This is ridiculous.

Mark
Super User II
Please read what we are saying.

That is NOT the last version that works on your OS.

Any version you download works.

Dropbox supports OS's above 10.6.8 as per www.dropbox.com/help/3

Smoere78
Explorer | Level 3

I am very sorry Mark and Rich!

Of course you are right.

I had issues with the current version and googled. I found this link and thought it was my problem:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/Dropbox-installation-not-working-on-mac...

After your reply I still have issues installing the actual version on both ways online and offline installer. The install works fine and the dropbox icon shows up in the systray, But every time i try login it opens up the login box but unfortunately after a small loading time only returns a white window.

So I suppose now, after your given information, there is not a compability problem but a technical issue. Maybe you can help me there too.

Once again I apologize for beig so stubborn before, but i thought i was absolutely correct about the incompability.

Greets Marcel 

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey keithswd

Thanks for getting in touch with the Dropbox Community! 

Based on your description, there 's a connection issue, since the Dropbox application fails to load, which usually means there is an antivirus, firewall, security program or proxy blocking the Dropbox desktop client. Also, please make sure that the Dropbox official domains are whitelisted if you're on a corporate network or contact your admin. 

If this persists, please reply to me here, so that look into that further. 

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    Smoere78 Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?