cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Finder Folders No Longer Show How Many Items Are In A Folder ("Show Item Info"); Instead, They Display "Up To Date"...

Mac Finder Folders No Longer Show How Many Items Are In A Folder ("Show Item Info"); Instead, They Display "Up To Date"...

CB H.
New member | Level 1

Because of this I am constantly clicking on empty folders that are part of our project templates. Very inefficient.

Dropbox, please correct this so that Finder can once again display how many items are in a folder using the "Show Item Info" option. Showing "Up do date" has no value. If it is not up to date there is a symbol in Blue Circle in the lower right corner of the Finder folder icon that indicates it is syncing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mac Finder Folders No Longer Show How Many Items Are In A Folder ("Show Item Info"); Instead, They Display "Up To Date"...

K. F.1
New member | Level 2

I've found a fix that's pretty good!

Go to Dropbox preferences and under "General" unselect "Enable Finder integration". It causes the green checkboxes to disappear, and returns the folders to showing item info, instead of the annoying "up to date". Dropbox still works fine and syncs. Now though, in order to know when syncing is complete, you'll need to look at your menu bar dropbox icon.

The best solution of course would be for Dropbox to get rid of the superfluous "up to date" message.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Re: Mac Finder Folders No Longer Show How Many Items Are In A Folder ("Show Item Info"); Instead, They Display "Up To Date"...

IdeaSandbox
New member | Level 2

I too am finding this feature a challenge. The big green checkmark is how I know my folder is up to date. Please make this a preference that may be de-selected.

Alex F.1
New member | Level 1

I have the same issue. I used to see the dimensions of images and no longer do. As someone who does a lot of digital marketing and design, going through each one individually is inefficient.

Kate J.
New member | Level 2

This is a huge issue for us as we share hundreds of files. No longer can we see which files are empty and which have had files added.
Being able to see how many files in a folder AND dimensions of pictures is significantly more important than "up to date". The green tick used to tell us if it was up to date. Crazy new "feature", might need to find a dropbox alternative.

K. F.1
New member | Level 2

I've been very inconvenienced as well with this. I don't need another "up to date" indication, I need the item info, like my Mac's settings are set to. Dropbox should not be overriding this.

If anyone learns of a workaround, please post it here.

Ian G.20
New member | Level 1

Can I add my voice to this discussion!

I've just updated to Yosemite, and where I used to see image dimensions and number of items in the icon view in Finder, I'm now just seeing the words "up to date".

The big green tick already conveys this information!

Please give us back our default behaviour, or at least make it an option...

Thanks!

Tiffany I.
New member | Level 1

I'll echo this. It's very annoying to have to open up the info box for each image I want to know the size of when it used to display below the image. I agree, the big green check mark is more than enough to know that the file is up to date.

CB H.
New member | Level 1

If found a workaround. I replaced Finder with "Path Finder 7". It shows how many items are in each folder. I actually purchased Path Finder to try to find a better option than Finder, and then discovered that Path Finder solved this problem.

As a side note, Path Finder is dramatically better than Finder.

Eric

K. F.1
New member | Level 2

I've found a fix that's pretty good!

Go to Dropbox preferences and under "General" unselect "Enable Finder integration". It causes the green checkboxes to disappear, and returns the folders to showing item info, instead of the annoying "up to date". Dropbox still works fine and syncs. Now though, in order to know when syncing is complete, you'll need to look at your menu bar dropbox icon.

The best solution of course would be for Dropbox to get rid of the superfluous "up to date" message.

elyran m.
New member | Level 1

how come no one from the team is even responding to this? it's very annoying

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

K. F.1 New member | Level 2
    LilleG G. New member | Level 1
    Kim Y. New member | Level 1
    Paul H.86 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?