cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Notification Center Alerts Don't "Stick"

Mac Notification Center Alerts Don't "Stick"

Louis B.5
New member | Level 1

I'm using Mac OS X 10.10.2 and Dropbox 3.2.9. I have Dropbox preferences set to send me notifications on file changes. I have the Mac OS Notification preferences set to show me the last 20 (maximum) items from Dropbox in my Notification Center sidebar.

Dropbox indeed does send the notifications as banners, but in the Notification Center sidebar, the alerts show for a few seconds, then disappear, like the banners do. They are supposed to accumulate in the sidebar until I send them away with the (x) button.

Anyone know how to fix this? Do I have something set wrong? Dropbox is the only app I have that has this problem.

23 Replies 23

Re: Mac Notification Center Alerts Don't "Stick"

Louis B.5
New member | Level 1

Yeah, I am. I tried signing out of Dropbox completely and signing back in, but no change. Weird.

René S.7
New member | Level 1

same problem

Dana H.3
Explorer | Level 3

I have been having this same problem for a long time.. very frustrating as I used that to let me know when files have been changed or updated... anyone heard anything on this yet?

David S.66
New member | Level 1

I believe "up voting" Louis' original comment would give it more weight within Dropbox and recommend others do the same.  Colleagues work on files for my clients and being able to observe changes in OS X Notification Centre would be very helpful.  That fleeting alerts do not fit the average person's work style.

Emrecan Ö.
New member | Level 1

Same problem here. Actually, this has never worked for me at all. Since the day I started using Dropbox, if I'm not in front of the computer to see the notification, it's gone forever.

And, yes, Dropbox is set to "Show in Notification Center" in my System Preferences.

Pacific E.
New member | Level 2

Same issue for us. All settings are correct. Doesn't seem to have ever worked as far I can tell.

Louis B.5
New member | Level 1

Yes, everyone, if you have this issue please upvote the first post I made. It still doesn't work (and like some of you, I don't think it's ever worked).

Dana H.3
Explorer | Level 3

It did work very early on but does not now and should be fixed!

M S.1
Collaborator | Level 9

Same issue

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Abuky Explorer | Level 3
    Alex_131 New member | Level 1
    ELITE P. New member | Level 1
    M S.1 Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?