cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac client keeps asking to turn on accessibility even though it's on

Mac client keeps asking to turn on accessibility even though it's on

Collaborator | Level 9

Hi, Dropbox keeps asking to turn on accessibility when I open the macbook from sleep. It's on. I turned it off and on with and without reboot inbetween, it's still asking. How do I fix this? I don't have the best internet right now, so please don't suggest reinstalling Dropbox and other things that will resync everything. thanksScreen Shot 2020-07-20 at 09.13.06.png

3 Replies 3

Re: Mac client keeps asking to turn on accessibility even though it's on

Dropboxer

Hi @g v.; how are you today?

If you've installed the desktop app with admin privileges in the first place and this keeps happening, I'm afraid you'll need to re-install to try to fix this.

Moreover, as you wish to re-install the Dropbox software and you do not want to re-download all of your files from the server, you'll need to choose the "Advanced" setup option during the (re)installation process. Then you need to choose the parent folder of the existing Dropbox folder as the location for this new install.

From there, the desktop version of Dropbox will check the existing files and the server versions and update accordingly (if needed). 

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Collaborator | Level 9

ok, thanks, I have reinstalled many times in the past to fix issues and it takes several hours to reindex on fast internet, and an unknown amount of data. 

How many data does reindexing use as percent of data stored or of number of files?

Dropboxer

There's no concrete number I can offer on this one @g v. 

This would depend on the amount of files and data you've stored in your Dropbox account and any offline changes that would need to sync to our servers upon re-indexing your database. 

If your files are fully synced, this process should be fairly quick and not use up much of your internet connection's bandwidth. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?