- Go to the Security & Privacy section of System Preferences.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click Accessibility in the menu.
- Click the lock icon to unlock your system preferences at which point you'll be asked to enter your computer's username and password (not your Dropbox username and password)
- Check the box beside the Dropbox icon to enable accessibility or uncheck to disable accessibility.
- Click the lock icon again to re-lock system preferences.
Give this a go for me please (i.e. enabling it and then disabling it following the steps I provided above) and let me know if this worked for you.
Thanks in advance for your reply and apologies for the lengthy reply. Oh, and happy October!