cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6 after update - icons missing in finder

Highlighted

MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6 after update - icons missing in finder

New member | Level 2

I've updated the MacOS to High Sierra 10.13.6, and the icons in the right click menu in finder are not showing. Solution please? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

New member | Level 2

thanks jane. I contacted support via chat, and they helped me understand that the dropbox version was outdated. now updated and it's working. thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there (@efenigson), while I’ve posted this set of steps for a different thread previously here, it’s my understanding that these initial checks will be useful in regards to the discrepancy you’ve mentioned, too. I’d appreciate it if you could check back on the pointers below & we’ll take it based on your findings. 

#1. As an initial step, can you make sure that you’re running the latest stable version of the application on your Mac (63.4.102), you’ve made all OS updates & you’re not using Symlinks? It’s also advisable to make sure Dropbox is syncing correctly on your menu bar, as below:  

menu-bar.png

That essentially means that once you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon, you’ll see the syncing status (eg. Up-To-Date, Indexing &c). You can also have a look at the overlay icons on your device Arrows Counter Clock/ White check mark. Do they appear as expected?  

#2. From there, installing Dropbox without an administrative password will break sync icon functionality. Re-installing using an administrator's password should resolve the issue.

• If you have other applications or services that also add file icons or context menu items to the files within your Dropbox folder, try to temporarily quit them or uninstall them, and then restart Dropbox and Finder.  
Spoiler
  • To restart Dropbox, click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar, click the gear icon, and then select Quit Dropbox
  • To restart Finder, click the Apple icon at the top of your screen, click Force quit, select Finder, then click Relaunch

#3. Last but not least, can you ensure that you’ve enabled the Finder integration on your settings (Click on the Dropbox logo on your menu bar> gear icon> Preferences> General> Check the Enable Finder Integration box ☑️.)?

Once you give my suggestions a go, please do let me know of the outcome & I’ll do my best to check back with you on this discussion. Thanks for taking a bit of your time to work on that & I’ll be awaiting your next update here!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

thanks jane. I contacted support via chat, and they helped me understand that the dropbox version was outdated. now updated and it's working. thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Ah, that's some great news @efenigson; happy to hear that this has been sorted for you now & thanks a lot for circling back to me to let me know of the progress. I’m always around, so feel free to ping me back again in case you have more questions in the future. Thanks for choosing Dropbox & take care until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?