cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make turning off the badge easy. For God's sake.

Make turning off the badge easy. For God's sake.

Shadrock R.
New member | Level 1

I don't have dropbox in my system tray and my annoyance at having this idiotic "badge" (basically Microsoft's loathed paper clip) has became seething hate that I have to spend more than even two seconds of my time on it. When you introduce something as obnoxious as a floating badge, make sure you can turn it off FROM THE BADGE ICON. Making me go through extra steps just pisses me off.

11 Replies 11

Re: Make turning off the badge easy. For God's sake.

Paul A.37
New member | Level 1

How did you turn off that stupid annoying badge?
I agree should make it easy to turn off trying to get work done but I am spending time trying to turn this ****** off!

Rich
Super User II
How did you turn off that stupid annoying badge?

https://www.dropbox.com/help/7713

Karl B.3
New member | Level 1

YES!!!! And it "welcomes me" and "explains" what the STUPID badge is EVERY TIME I open a folder. If it would just be there and shut up - but I have to click around trying to get the stupid "Introducing Badge" thing to go away. I don't need it introduces 1800 times. First "feature" of Dropbox I hate...

Kevork G.
New member | Level 1

I don't see the badge drop down menu.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81383/is%20that%20so.JPG

Nathaniel C.
New member | Level 2

Amen. And stop with the over-eager software "improvements." Apps are becoming like hyperglycemic 4-year-olds, bouncing around my desk trying to "help." Dropbox is great; simple, easy, indispensable. Now, let Daddy get some work done.

Petur K.
New member | Level 1

How about making turning the badge off POSSIBLE, not just easy. I'm running Windows XP, I don't know what you mean by "Systems Tray", I can't find a gear icon, and I don't want a badge.

Devon M.2
New member | Level 1

Thankfully, they seem to have made it much easier to hide/disable/etc, AND have made this accessible via the button itself (preferences at the bottom of the menu). But damn, was it annoying to have it turned on by default. Upon installation, it should have maybe introduced itself, and then ASKED ME if I wanted it on or off (perhaps even pulled up the visibility preferences at that moment, so that I could tweak it as well).

Bill C.19
New member | Level 1

I finally found how to make the badge go away, thanks to you guys' posts here in this forum.  

This really was a substantial misstep on Dropbox's part, though, to put the annoying thing there in the first place.  It was such a big enough misstep that it stands out in what's otherwise been a seamless service.  It's made me uncomfortable that Dropbox just flat missed it.

Sharon S.27
New member | Level 1

Thank you for helping me to turn this thing off.  How obnoxious is that just hanging around covering things up and shooting helpful tibits.  I have work to do and this thing is in the way.  

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bruce E.2 New member | Level 1
    Shakir A. Helpful | Level 5
    Sharon S.27 New member | Level 1
    Bill C.19 New member | Level 1
    Devon M.2 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?