cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual synchronization

Manual synchronization

Riabchik
New member | Level 2

I need to do synchronization manually when appropriate. Synchronization can be paused, but after the program or computer is restarted, synchronization is enabled. How do I get started with paused auto-sync?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Manual synchronization

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @Riabchik - welcome to our Community!

While this isn't an option we offer at this time (to start-up the app with the syncing process paused that is), you can disable the desktop app's automatic launch upon (re)booting through the app's preferences

1) Right click the Dropbox icon in the system tray/menu bar
2) Click on your profile picture or initials to the right of the search bar and select "Preferences" from the menu
3) Make sure that the box next to "Start Dropbox on system startup" is UN-checked.

I know it's not exactly what you were looking for but I sure hope this helps with the task at hand. 

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @Riabchik - welcome to our Community!

While this isn't an option we offer at this time (to start-up the app with the syncing process paused that is), you can disable the desktop app's automatic launch upon (re)booting through the app's preferences

1) Right click the Dropbox icon in the system tray/menu bar
2) Click on your profile picture or initials to the right of the search bar and select "Preferences" from the menu
3) Make sure that the box next to "Start Dropbox on system startup" is UN-checked.

I know it's not exactly what you were looking for but I sure hope this helps with the task at hand. 

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Riabchik
New member | Level 2

Thank you. This method I use now. But it is not convenient.
We look forward to this in new releases in the future.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?