cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Manually launch the Camera Upload when auto play is disabled by IT department

Manually launch the Camera Upload when auto play is disabled by IT department

invunrible
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Team.

I use the Camera Uploads feature on my phone, and have done for years. I also have it running on my personal laptop from 2010(win 7) and works great.

However on the work laptop, although the windows auto play settings are set to import photos and videos (Dropbox) for removable and memory cards it doesn't actually launch the autoplay.

Is it possible to manually launch the autoplay process of camera upload?

I love that it renames the files to a common system. I understand Our IT department don't want auto play, but have no problems with copying from SD cards so if I could manually trigger the camera upload process, that would be great.

Thanks For the help.

3 Replies 3

Re: Manually launch the Camera Upload when auto play is disabled by IT department

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @invunrible, thanks for joining our Community!

Can you please clarify if you're using the same account on both devices or separate ones?

Also, have you enabled the camera uploads feature though the app's preferences on the affected computer?

Keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

invunrible
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Walter.

Yes using the same account on both.
My old laptop is windows 7 and works perfectly (apart from being a slow old pc). The new one runs windows 10.
Yes it's set in both drop box preferances and the windows autorun.
I believe autorun is disabled for security so hoping I can do something extra to launch the camera upload after plugging in my ad card.

Walter
Dropboxer

In that case, you may want to check with your IT department in case they can offer further guidance on this @invunrible.

Let me know if you have any other questions we can help with in the meantime. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?