cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu bar icon not appearing

Menu bar icon not appearing

skiblues
Explorer | Level 4

I used to be a Basic member but am now a member of a Family Plan.  I am not able to get the Dropbox icon on my menu bar on a new Mac - Monterey 12.01.  I have quit and trashed the application and have reinstalled a couple of times, but nothing.  I can't for the life of me get the icon on my Menu Bar.  Does the Menu Bar have a space limitation?  I would think not.  Any help out there?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Menu bar icon

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @skiblues, thanks for joining the Community.

If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try an advanced reinstall of the app using the steps in this link?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @skiblues, thanks for joining the Community.

If you're not on a Dropbox Basic plan with more than 3 devices connected, could you try an advanced reinstall of the app using the steps in this link?

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

skiblues
Explorer | Level 4

Jay - thanks for getting back to me.  So I found out that we are limited to the number of icons in the Menu Bar.  I deleted one that I did not need and then the Dropbox icon showed up.  So it turned out to be just a space issue on the Menu Bar.  I am now all good.  

Thanks again.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

skiblues Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?