cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clawinus
Helpful | Level 6

After signing in to my Dropbox account I geta warning message That my browser is not supported. I am using Firefox 69.0.2, the latest verion on Windows 10 64 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362.

When I sign in to my Dropbox account on another PC running Linux Mint 19.2 and also the same Browser Firefox 69.0.2, I do not get the warning.

Should I ignore tha warning?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Message:Browser not supported

Rich
Super User II

Ignore the Safari portion of @Walter's comment. Safari is a browser on Mac and it was likely left over from a copy and paste. The link he provided shows how to use a private browsing session within Firefox. Basically, he's asking that you use a private session with no extentions loaded, as a test to see if the issue continues. If it doesn't, it's likely caused by an extention that you have loaded in the browser.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropboxer

Hello @Clawinus - welcome to our Community and thanks for the report.

Can you please let me know if this persists on a private browsing window of Safari(corrected to: Mozilla Firefox)with no extensions or plugins running?

If this persists, would you forward me a screenshot so I can have a further look into this?

Thanks in advance!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Clawinus
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for replying. What is Safari that I should run?

Rich
Super User II

Ignore the Safari portion of @Walter's comment. Safari is a browser on Mac and it was likely left over from a copy and paste. The link he provided shows how to use a private browsing session within Firefox. Basically, he's asking that you use a private session with no extentions loaded, as a test to see if the issue continues. If it doesn't, it's likely caused by an extention that you have loaded in the browser.

View solution in original post

Clawinus
Helpful | Level 6

Restarting the browser with extensions disabled eliminated the warning.

Thanks for your help

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for the correction there @Rich! You're absolutely correct about the copy/paste mix-up btw :upside_down:

@Clawinus : I'm glad your resolved your concern in the end and feel free to let us know if you come up with any questions. 

Have a lovely day/night!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Clawinus Helpful | Level 6
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?