cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Office 2013 freezing with Dropbox App running on Windows 7

Microsoft Office 2013 freezing with Dropbox App running on Windows 7

WoLa
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

I have Microsoft office 2013 and Dropbox app running on a Windows 7 machine, but it seems that both are not working fine together. I deactiveted "Show Dropbox as a save location in Microsoft Office" under Microsoft Office add-in and as well defined to never show the Dropbox badge. Anyway, even without opening a specific document in Word MS Office will freeze. The freezing as well does not depend on the location (within or outside Dropbox folder) of a document when opening. Quitting the Dropbox app does resolve the issue, but I want to have both, MS Office and Dropbox app, running.

Is there a way to unistall the MS Office integration?

Any advice on this will be highly appreciated.

Best,

Wolfram

3 Replies 3

Re: Microsoft Office 2013 freezing with Dropbox App running on Windows 7

Walter
Dropboxer

Hello Wolfram - welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this; let's have a look into this. 

At first, can you confirm that you removed Dropbox as Place in Office following the steps outlined here?

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/third-party/adding-place-microsoft-office

Specifically:

1. Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray.
  2. Click the gear.
  3. Choose Preferences.
  4. Uncheck the box next to Show Dropbox as a save location in Microsoft Office.

If you did and still have this issue, could you reboot your computer and re-install our app (maybe your Office app too) and let me know the results?

Thank you in advance @WoLa

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

WoLa
New member | Level 2

Hi Walter,

I did already all this and even re-installed the system, but the problem persists.

Best,

Wolfram

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for checking those for me Wolfram - it's most appreciated.

As I'd like to have a better look into this, I just sent you a brief message to your Dropbox associated email address.

Whenever you find some spare time, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?