cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft word and excel only opens online version, I want to open normal excel and word

Microsoft word and excel only opens online version, I want to open normal excel and word

Southweststucco
Helpful | Level 5

When I go to open any excel or work files from my computer it only gives me an option to open the *online* version, not the version that opens up into a new window. I paid for all the software of microsoft, not sure why this happeneed, I am sure it is a quick fix but I have no idea what to do. 

I cant do anything until i fix this!

HELP! ASAP!

32 Replies 32

patrice1
New member | Level 2

I am also having this problem for the last two days. Macbook pro, chrome, shared folder    after accesseing through microsoft word for two years, now only online word shows up. GRRRRRRRRRr

hollymchargue
Explorer | Level 4

Patrice1, 

You might try reinstalling Dropbox and updating/relaunching Chrome. One of those helped me - I did both before checking. 

gwa
New member | Level 2

Yes, to get the dropdown option for Word you have to have the file selected for sync (selective sync) (and thus resides on you local dropbox drive on your PC).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gwa New member | Level 2
    hollymchargue Explorer | Level 4
    patrice1 New member | Level 2
    Southweststucco Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?