I am having the same issue on recently purchased iPad Pro. Cannot integrate Dropbox with either word or excel. Still works on phone.
I have updated, deleted and re-installed all apps numerous times.
Hello, you can keep posted here in this topic about this bug:
and here to see the fixing status by Dropbox team:
I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ and have been trying to link my Dropbox account with Office365. However, when attempting to add it as a 'place', I keep getting an error saying "Can't complete task...Office encountered a problem."
1. Open Microsoft Office 365 app (android)
2. Tap profile picture on top-left side, and open Settings
3. Tap "Default storage location"
4. Tap "Add place (Connect to cloud storage)"
5. Tap "Dropbox" from the 'Add a place' menu
6. Press "Allow" when asked to provide file/folder access
7. App loads a little, then error message appears
I've attached screenshots below, corresponding to steps 5 to 7:
Steps attempted to date:
- Clearing cache on both apps (Dropbox and Office365)
- Clearing data on both apps (Dropbox and Office 365)
- Uninstalling and re-installing both apps (Dropbox and Office 365)
- Restarting tablet
The same problem occurs with the individual Office mobile apps themselves (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) Just wondering if anyone could provide any assistance!
I bought a new phone (Xiaomi mi 11 lite); after installing my previous apps, I tried to open an excel file from dropbox with the excel app and after giving the permission, I wasn't able to open the file. I'm able to see the preview, but I cannot work on it (I cannot even see it in the excel enviroment).
I tried to change some settings both on Dropbox and Excel, giving almost every permission but I'm still eperiencing this issue.
Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks
The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.Sound good? Let's get started.
For more info on available support options, see this article.
If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!