on iPad, in Excel, trying to add Dropbox as a Storage account. get error message "Sorry, we could not sign you in to Dropbox. Please try again later." I have the Dropbox app installed and logged in.
Hey @MarkBradbury , welcome to the Dropbox Community!
Can you please send me a screenshot of the error message you're getting, so I can check it out?
Also, what Dropbox plan do you currently have? Is it a Dropbox Business one?
Hi. Still having issues. I’ve deleted and reinstalled Excel for iPad, no change. I’ve installed Microsoft Office for iPad, but that asks for a Microsoft 365 account and subscription. I’ve tried to edit through the Excel app, but again it asks for 365 subscription. Help!
Thanks for you suggestions.
1. Verified account is Basic. Had problems before when an account was accidently set to a 30-day preview of a higher level account.
2. Verified only one device on Dropbox. It was a new account created yesterday, but verified again.
3. uninstalled Dropbox, rebooted iPad, installed Dropbox; not fixed.
4. uninstalled Excel, rebooted iPad, installed Excel; not fixed.
5. Updated iOS from 14.6 to 14.7; not fixed
6. Verified Excel & Dropbox were on latest versions.
Excel is using a free account on this iPad, so I tried two other iPads using two different E5 Office licenses and two different Dropbox accounts. One of these two Dropbox accounts is a paid account. Get the same error on both iPads.
I have run out of ideas to try.
I saw something yesterday when I was working on this that suggested to me that either Excel or Dropbox was connecting to the internet to verify the connection. Any thoughts on whether an Excel or Dropbox server might be having an issue?
The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.Sound good? Let's get started.
For more info on available support options, see this article.
If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!