cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile device using too much space in Dropbox

Mobile device using too much space in Dropbox

MikeH5
Explorer | Level 3

My Android device storage manager is showing that my Dropbox is using almost 15GB of storage.  I don't have Offline turned on (and it even reports 0 Bytes used).  It has always uploaded any pictures/videos I've taken on my device.  But is there anyway to reduce this storage space being used by Dropbox without actually deleting the files out of dropbox?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mobile device using too much space in Dropbox

Rich
Super User II

There's a Clear Cache button in Dropbox's settings. Well, it's there on iOS. I believe it's there on Android as well. If not, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the app to clear its data.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

There's a Clear Cache button in Dropbox's settings. Well, it's there on iOS. I believe it's there on Android as well. If not, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the app to clear its data.

View solution in original post

MikeH5
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, I had tried to clear the cache and it didn't change the memory usage at all.  But I just tried it again and found that it had cleared the storage.  I never noticed it doing anything the first time I clicked it, but this time it shows a popup at the bottom that it's been cleared.  Maybe I didn't wait long enough the first time for it to actually complete the clearing.

Thanks.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MikeH5 Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?