cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mojave Importing Photos STILL Not Working

Mojave Importing Photos STILL Not Working

hostos
Explorer | Level 3

Hi.

Dropbox version 64.4.141

iMac 5k Latest 2017 on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2

Iphone X iOS 12.1.2

Same problems as mentioned before......importing hangs....sometimes only some pics come through.....most times it does nothing.

Have tried everything on this thread (link below) except re-installing the OS (this is a work computer and I have too many things here to have to start over)

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/Dropbox-Mojave-hangs/m-p/323275#M58805

So the only way to TRY and fix this problem is to re-install the OS? Sorry but this solution seems absurd to me.

Have there been any other updates regarding this problem with importing photos??

Thanks!

12 Replies 12

Re: Dropbox Mojave hangs

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @hostos, your question is completely different to the previous user, since for them it was syncing their files, and not importing images.

Are you using the Dropbox desktop application to import the images directly to the machine, or the mobile app with the automatic camera uploads? Have you tried an advanced reinstall of the desktop app, or uninstalling the mobile app, rebooting and reinstalling the app?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

hostos
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Jay.

Sorry for the confusion on my end.

I created another topic for this then.

Can we move your message there so we can post on that thread then?

I am using Dropbox desktop application to import the images directly to the machine. Basically connecting my iPhone via cable so it can transfer the newest images to the Camera Uploads folder.

Used to work perfectly before (heavily used by me) and now all of a sudden it does not work.

In the meantime I will check on your suggestions.

Jay
Dropboxer
No worries, I’ve moved the post over here.

Let me know how it goes with the re-installation of the Dropbox desktop application.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

hostos
Explorer | Level 3

I have done the Advanced Re-install

Waiting for Dropbox to check any changes.

Then I can connect my iPhone and see if the importing is now working again yes?

Thanks

Jay
Dropboxer
That’s correct, after the re-installation, make sure that camera uploads is enabled in the desktop app, and then keep me posted!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

hostos
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Jay.

Nothing,. Same as before.

I even took some new pics to be sure.

Does not upload to Camera Folder any of my pics.

Jay
Dropboxer
What status does the Dropbox desktop application show when you hover over the icon in the menu bar?

Can you confirm that other files are uploading or syncing normally via the app by viewing them online on the Dropbox site?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

hostos
Explorer | Level 3

Hey Jay.

Status shows "Up to Date"

Other files are uploading/syncing fine.

Only thing not working is the photo uploads.

Jay
Dropboxer
Are you taking photos with the stock iPhone Camera app, so that the images go into the camera roll? Are you using a third party app to take photos, which usually end up in another album?

Try taking a screenshot on the iPhone, since they should also be detected and upload automatically.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

hostos Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?