Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Moving DB from C to D Drive, Created Duplicate Instead of Moving

Explorer | Level 3

I just purchased a new laptop, and after installing dropbox, it took up almost all of my C drive. I followed the instructions to move it to my D drive, which was sucessful, however it's still showing that it's taking up the same amount of space on my c drive. I've attempted to locate the dropbox cache to clear it, but I cannot locate it by clicking to show hidden files, and searching on  %HOMEPATH%\Dropbox \.dropbox.cache  as instructed in other articles.  This is extremely frustrating that all solutions offered on the website are not working. Help!

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Moving DB from C to D Drive, Created Duplicate Instead of Moving

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Rachel2784

Welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'd be more than happy to help. 

As a first step, could you please let me know what the Dropbox icon (that's on your system tray) shows when you hover over it? Does it say that it's syncing? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

It is showing completely synced. My D drive shows 88 GBs being used now (which is the dropbox), but my C drive is also showing it's full from DB as well.  I do believe it's an issue with the cache in the C drive needing to be cleared, I just can't locate the hidden file to clear it, as the link that's been provided in previous posts isn't working. Thanks!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Is that what you were referring to Rachel?

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I cannot get those instructions to work. When I search for the file name for the cache my computer says it doesn't exist. I have checked the box to show hidden files as well.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us, @Rachel2784

I've followed up with a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile so that we can have a better look into this. 

When you have a chance, please check your inbox for my latest message and we'll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?